Some days ago, I finally graduated (or rather matriculated) from 1st standard 0r 1000 km to 10th standard (i.e. 10000 km) and 300 more in last 7 days, quite an eventful journey this has been. My admiration of this mechanical invention called a Car only continues to grow, well done whosoever has done that.
It’s a great feeling to see that some of what I dreamed about, while in the 1st class, have come true. One of them was taking it for a loooong ride (vacation); two destinations in span of two weeks, doing some 300 km in a day all by myself (so that sets the bar for me – regarding maximum distance in a day so far). This also gave me the opportunity to chart my course on hilly terrains including the slopes and curves of Mahabaleshwar – where, as a kid, I’d see Mom being afraid to be riding by road on any format of transport!
Alas those vacations are more than 15 months old, the next one on the cards ought to be even loooooooooooonger ride… > 1500 KM to/fro: likely destination – Rajkot / Kutch:) Wish me luck.
Also realised the dream of taking it to the town where I spent much of my growing up days (it’s a separate story that the two ladies in my house still find the need for me to grow up, while I think I have grown old enough to seek counsel of my old family doctor who still practices in that town)
Here are some unforgettable experiences along my 10000 km journey:
– The thrill when the needle on the speedometer moved to the other side of the 140Km mark, even for a few seconds, for a few times. Speed thrills!
– Two punctures in less than a week – on the same tyre, a (potential) conspiracy that I have not been able to unravel!
– A breakdown in the middle of the road, in midst of peak traffic.
– What every car owner experiences at some time – spending a bomb on whatever accident it be; and getting a fraction of that reimbursed by the insurer.
– Parking in a place that is otherwise fit for only our good old small car – the Maruti 800; or parking at a place where it’s not restricted. Am now almost as much easy with the reverse gear as with 4th and 5th gear.
And oh yes, it feels good to give a ride to some fellow friends or family, trying to return the favors (though to different people) for lifts given to me by so many of them.
Missus is now more at ease siting besides me (initially it was her courage of being besides me when I took out the car for practice rides). I share her concern of going easy at times. And Mom has decided to be eternally afraid having a ride with me.
Let’s end with the wish that government completely does away with all taxes on Petrol or that India strikes black gold within it’s boundaries which is then sold at rates not more than a bottle of Bisleri bottled water.
PS: Have a safe ride. Don’t drive, only drink and give the owners of Kingfisher Airlines to make some cash:)
Hope you liked what you read. Explore variety of blogs on Life and Business at http://www.blogbzaar.com
We would love to hear your thoughts – leave a comment. You can also follow me on @vttwitty
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Viral_Thakker
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8820292